No products in the cart.
Substances regulated by the Narcotics Act
It is your responsibility to know whether or not the products you are delivering are regulated as hazardous materials. Hazardous materials that are delivered to VegaVend fulfilment centres may be subject to disposal without reimbursement, even if they have not been previously identified by VegaVend as hazardous materials.
Important: Failure to comply with FBV product preparation requirements, safety requirements and product restrictions may result in the refusal, disposal or return of inventory at your expense, the blocking of future shipments to the fulfilment centre, charges for additional preparation or for non-compliance, the suspension or your selling privileges, or regulatory fines. Certain products may be eligible for sale on VegaVend, but are not eligible for Fulfilment by VegaVend. It is your responsibility to ensure that the products you send to us comply with all applicable legal regulations, and are approved for sale in the countries in which you wish to list your products.
The following products cannot be sold through Fulfillment by VegaVend:
- Beer, Wine, Spirits, and liqueur confectionery. Please note that VegaVend UK is currently running an FBV Alcohol Pilot scheme where selected merchants can trial alcohol products on FBV. For more information, please contact Vendor Support.
- Weapons, including but not limited to:
- Firearms and all associated parts, kits and ammunition; realistic imitation firearms; air weapons, air guns, BB guns and airsoft guns (not including toy guns, provided they are not realistic imitation firearms)
- Spear guns; mace; black powder, and all explosives
- Crossbows (all types, but not including toy crossbows that shoot plastic/foam darts)
- Slingshots/catapults (not including toys such as catapults that come with an action figure toy)
- Offensive weapons as defined in the U.K. Criminal Justice Act 1988
- Any ammunition, kits, spares, or accessories for any of the above
- Fireworks or other pyrotechnics
- Machetes, kukris, knives, knife blades, razor blades, swords, daggers, axes, and any other articles with a blade or which is sharply pointed and is made or adapted for use for causing injury to persons; with the exception of the following products, which can be sold without age verification:
- Razor blades permanently enclosed in a cartridge or housing with less than 2mm of the blade exposed (can be sold without age verification)
- Knives included in ordinary Cutlery sets with spoons and forks (can be sold without age verification)
- (iii) Kitchen Knives
- Folding pocket-knives with a blade no longer than three inches
- Gift cards, gift certificates, and other stored-value instruments
- All video media (including, but not limited to, VHS, DVD, and Blu-ray formats) except for the following:
- together with the casing in which it is packaged, displays an age rating of U, PG, 12, 15, or 18 as determined by the British Board of Film Classification (BBFC) under the Video Recordings Act (VRA) 1984 for the specific video content included, unless that content is exempt from such requirements under the VRA
- if DVD, it uses region codes ‘0’, ‘2’ or ‘All’, or, if Blu-ray, it uses region code ‘B’ or is region-free.
- All video games and software (whether sold individually or bundled with a console) intended for audiences aged 12 and above unless, together with the casing in which it is packaged, it displays a PEGI rating of 12, 16 or 18 (together with the relevant content descriptors on the casing) as determined by the Video Standards Council, or a BBFC rating (as applicable).
- Any products that cannot be lawfully shipped to or sold in the UK or any other country to which VegaVend enables your products to be shipped
- Any product that is subject to export licences, declaration, or authorisation when shipped to any country to which VegaVend enables your products to be shipped
- Any product for which the Vendor either is not an “authorised reVendor” (as designated by the product’s manufacturer or distributor) or does not provide the manufacturer’s standard warranty to customers
- Any other types of products that, in VegaVend’s discretion, are not supported for sale through the VegaVend site pursuant to this Agreement; provided that an excluded product will cease to be an excluded product at such time as VegaVend informs Vendor thereof
- Loose gemstone products
- Any product that is placed on the market in the EU without the consent of the relevant brand or trademark owner
- Cigars, cigarettes, dipping tobacco, e-cigarettes, or other tobacco products
- Medicines and veterinary medicines, medicinal products, medicinal feeds and remedies of any type, including (for example) general sales list medicines, pharmacy-only medicines, prescription-only medicines, AVM–GSL medicines (Authorised Veterinary Medicine–General Sales List), NFA–VPS medicines (Non–Food Animal–Veterinarian, Pharmacist, Suitably Qualified Person) and POM–V medicines (Prescription Only Medicines–Veterinarian)
- Any device, drug, vitamin, herbal product, or other product that requires a prescription from a doctor, optician, or other healthcare provider as a prerequisite for purchase, or that can only be stored, sold, or shipped by a licensed healthcare provider
- Human body parts, medical implants, and any products made from, or containing parts of, any regulated endangered plant or animal (for example, elephant ivory, coral, sea turtle shells, most reptile skins)
- Any product that contains other ingredients that are prohibited, restricted, or regulated under applicable laws
- Sex and sensuality products
- Products containing prohibited images of children and any other violent, offensive, obscene, or sexual content that is unlawful in any of the countries to which VegaVend enables your products to be sold
- Any product that:
- is greater than the maximum dimensions and weight criteria listed in the following table:
|Girth (Length + 2 x Width + 2 x Height)
- may result in a shipment that VegaVend reasonably designates as requiring LTL carrier handling
- is a liquid item in packaging containing volume of more than 1 litre, or not having secure, sturdy closures that can withstand the stress of direct-to-customer fulfilment
- consists of pellets and granular items that are not packaged in leak-proof containers able to withstand the vigorous shake and drop test (drop from a height of 125 cm)
- has an expiration date or “Period after Opening” (PAO) symbol and is sticker-less, commingled
Important: Products which expire or may deteriorate over time cannot be commingled and must have FBV labels. For more about FBV label requirements, please refer to the FBV Labeled Inventory help page. Items must be lot-controlled and the remaining shelf-life must be greater than 18 months from the time of receipt by VegaVend. Products that are within 45 days of the expiry date will be removed for disposal by VegaVend. Destroyed items will not be available for return to the Vendor.
- has a lot-control number and is an item that requires labelling
Note: Items with lot-control numbers must be commingled and cannot have labels other than the original manufacturer’s bar code.
- is a sharp product that is packaged so that blade points are exposed at any time during the fulfilment process
- is a live animal of any kind
- is a live plant of any kind
- Is a food or beverage item
- is deemed subject to melting (chocolate, paraffin etc.)
Note: Temperature-sensitive products must be able to withstand a minimum temperature of 10°C and a maximum temperature of 30°C for the duration of the product’s shelf life without adversely affecting product quality. Carton markings must not include storage temperature requirements unless expressed explicitly as a range from 10°C to 30°C.
- is a cosmetics and beauty product manufactured under the Lush brand
- is a prohibited drug including any product regulated by the U.K. Misuse of Drugs Act
- is subject to a product recall.
In addition, some products in the Health and Beauty category are also prohibited.
Prohibited Products: FBV EU Export
In addition to above, the following products are excluded from FBV Export for EU:
- Products that promote racism, hatred, or discrimination
- Nazi memorabilia (or similar products)
- Weed or pest control products
- Seeds, plants, or plant derivatives
- Products of public domain, including cultural heritage and archaeological finds (minerals, treasure, fossils etc.)
- Products which are subject to age ratings in any EU country to which VegaVend enables your products to be shipped and that do not display the necessary age rating
- Products which are subject to age ratings in any EU country to which VegaVend enables your products to be delivered
- Products containing prohibited images of children and any other violent, offensive, obscene or sexual content that is unlawful in any of the countries to which VegaVend enables your products to be sold
- Phones that can only work with one specific mobile services provider
- Products whose sale or distribution is restricted under the laws of any EU country to which VegaVend enables your products to be delivered
- Products that cannot be lawfully possessed, sold or distributed in each EU country to which VegaVend enables your products to be delivered
Hazardous materials and dangerous goods
In addition, products that are regulated as hazardous materials (Hazmat) by any applicable legislation, including but not limited to the list below, are not eligible for Fulfilment by VegaVend.
Note: Unless otherwise indicated, you can view the legislation in your language by toggling between the languages in the landing page drop-down menu.
- European Agreement concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road (ADR) (available in English, French and Russian)
- International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code (IMDG-Code)
- International Air Transport Association’s Dangerous Goods Regulations (IATA DGR)
- Regulation (EC) 1907/2006 concerning the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of chemicals, including as amended by the REACH etc. (Amendment etc.) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019
- Directive 1999/45/EC (aka CLP) concerning the classification, packaging and labelling of dangerous preparations
- Regulation (EC) No. 1272/2008 on classification, labelling and packaging of substances and mixtures, including as amended by the Chemicals (Health and Safety) and Genetically Modified Organisms (Contained Use) (Amendment etc.) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019/720
- United Nations Committee of Experts on the Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- Air Navigation (Dangerous Goods) (Amendment) Regulation 2012 for products that contain compressed gas, chemicals that are potentially explosive, flammable, corrosive, toxic, radioactive, magnetic, in either gaseous, liquid or solid (including powder) form
In some cases, lithium ion and lithium metal batteries, or products containing those batteries either within or with the main product, are eligible for Fulfilment by VegaVend as long as the required information is provided. For more information, see Requirements for lithium batteries and products that contain lithium batteries.
To learn more about selling Hazmat using FBV, see:
- FBV Dangerous Goods programme
- Hazardous Materials Identification Guide
- What Types of VegaVend Retail Products Might Be Hazmat?
- FBV Hazmat Review Process